Even though an essay writing is a regular task, it is regularly difficult to write it. We hope that the following tips will ease your assignment completion.
How to Write an Essay, an Essay Plan: Writing Tips
How to write a good essay? Often this question is asked not only by students, who are struggling with this task, but also by parents, unable to help their children, and teachers, who are looking for new ways and methods to teach how to write. For many students, this is a real torment and they are surprised to look at classmates, whose eyes are lit because of the task of writing an essay. Why does it happen? We are all very different. Someone likes to think, argue, speak, fantasize. Such people like to write works, they often even neglect the advice of teachers and write by inspiration. But others are completely lost in a clean sheet and a given topic. Options for solving the problem for them – the Internet, critical literature and friendship with the lovers of essays such as those at greatpaper.co.uk/write-my-essay. How to solve the problem most optimally and competently?
Types of Works
At school, we are introduced to various types of works: work-description, essay, miniature, opinion essay on a literary work, etc. Each of the types has its own structure and its writing requirements, this cannot be forgotten. An essay brings the author closer to the literary work, while working on it, one should pay particular attention not only to the content, but also to the ease, imagery and beauty of the presentation. For example, in the work of reflection there must necessarily be three parts: introduction (with the inclusion of abstracts), the main part (evidence and examples) and conclusions (in this part, the student expresses his/her point of view on the subject of the work). But the miniature composition consists of the thesis and its explanation. Such works are kind of training for young capable students for subject contests and olympiads because they write shortly and the volume is often much more difficult than performing a standard work on several sheets.
Basic Rules of Writing an Essay
Maybe someone will only look through these rules, but it is unlikely that the problem will be solved. A lack of attention to basic rules causes failures.
- An essay is a genre that denies rewriting. By studying critical literature and choosing “juicy” sentences, we do not enrich our work, but are engaged in plagiarism. Children, of course, should turn to the so-called “criticism,” but only in order to direct the thought in the right direction, to make sure that this understanding of the main idea of the work is noticed. The philosophy of the work with someone else’s eyes will give you help for internal work, for a deep understanding of the work. But thoughts, impressions, conclusions and statements should be of only one author – the author of the work.
- If you are writing an essay for a literary book (and this is the most common option for a student), the work must be read. And the short content here does not fit. In general, it is difficult to explain why these editions with short content of literary works are needed in general. The course of school literature includes only outstanding works, classics of literature, artistic and spiritual heritage. And the child must understand this. He/she should see in a novel, a poem or a story of deep meaning, an unusual plot, a talented word, attention, relevance. Why should I read this book today? Without answering this question, it is impossible to awaken a real interest in literature.
- To write a work, you need a plan. It is understood even by those, who have successfully achieved success in our work. But if for someone it is enough to create a plan “in the mind,” then for those, who do not particularly succeed in writing the works, it is needed to write a plan, but do not forget about the marks. In principle, the three parts remain unchanged: the introduction, the main part and the conclusion. The introduction guesses the main part in advance, there is a place for the expression of your emotions and feelings; the introduction grabs and “advertises” the main part. For this, people often use epigraphs, interesting sayings. The general mood of the work is set here.
- In the main part, the author directly reveals the theme of the work. If this is so, then it is treated holistically, not leaving behind important, noted by the author details. Do not write if you do not fully understand everything in the book, if the storyline for you is somewhere lost. Perhaps you should review your work. Do not be afraid to ask the teacher, he/she will only approve your interest and curiosity.
- If you really liked any idea of the critic, then try to develop it, explain it with your own words. Then, evaluate whether it will be tied to the main theme of the work, to the general text. But it’s still better to quote. This will not only emphasize your awareness and willingness to work, but will also be ethical.
- It is necessary to read good essays. Their samples are now easy to find in special manuals or online. After reading a certain amount of samples, you will appreciate the features of the structure of the work, the language of the author, the style. One way or another, you will want to copy the read, and it will already direct you to the right channel.
- And the last rule: do not sit down for a blank sheet. This means that in the head you already have some kind of image of the future work. It is difficult to sit at the desk and imagine what and how you will write. However, for example, you go to the shop, walk the dog, wash the dishes and … the future essay is born in the mind. It is worth trying and the result will pleasantly surprise you.
And of course, most importantly – listen to the teacher. After all, you are not required to have super knowledge or super skills, which means that everything is in your power. Learning to write essays is a great deal of work that will surely come in handy in the future. Beautiful, competent language and the ability to express your point of view are significant treasures in the modern world.