Just about everyone in the UK has heard about the PPI scandal, and if you have recently discovered that you have a PPI as well, then there is no reason to panic. The courts have ordered the banks to pay the customers their dues back, so rest assured you would get your money back. However, you would have to follow the set process to make PPI claims. Doing a bit of research and ensuring you know about the claim process is essential to getting the money back.
As soon as you discover that you have PPI, you need to start gathering all the relevant documents about the PPI. This would help you ensure that the claim filing process goes smoothly, without any worries. The banks would need the proof that the claim is valid and that the PPI was mis-sold to you. There are many PPI policies that were fairly sold as well, and the owner of these policies cannot file for PPI claim.
So, first of all you need to gather the documents related to PPI and then ask yourself, did you know about PPI? Were you told about its purchase? How has the PPI been mis-sold to you? These questions would help you find the answers as to whether the PPI was mis-sold to you or not. As soon as you discover, you have a mis-sold PPI, here are the few steps you need to take –
- Make sure that you do not waste any further time and gather all the documents related to PPI immediately.
- Also, file for claim with the bank. You can do this online, in person or by calling the bank.
- Register the claim after you have gathered all the documents. Do this by filling the PPI claim form with the bank.
- Provide sufficient explanation backed with evidence as to how the PPI was mis-sold to you.
- Follow up with the bank after submission in few weeks with your claim registration number as to what is the status of your claim.
These steps would ensure that you are able to make a successful PPI claim and get back the money you rightfully deserve.